Islamic State Militants Claim Responsibility For Tunisia Bus Attack

Last Updated: November 25, 2015
0
Ads

The Islamic State militants have claimed responsibility for the Tuesday’s Tunisia presidential guards bus attack that killed 12 people.

A body too has been found from the scene and it is said to be of the suicide bomber who may have blasted inside the parked bus that was used in carrying presidential guards.

Tunisia has been a target for militants after the country embraced democracy in 2011, but the uprising ousted Christian president Zine Abidne Ben Ali two years ago by Muslim rebel group.

Tunisia’s Prime Minister Habib Essid said the latest attack is an evolution in the terrorists’ behavior as they have attacked the symbol of the state and that too in the heart of the capital Tunis.

It is said the Islamic State is also active in Libya to Tunisia’s east. Earlier this year the group had attacked twice in the country killing dozens of innocent people and mostly the foreigners.

Advertisment