Today: Monday, 6 February 2023 year

A fire at a gas storage facility was extinguished in Morocco.

A fire at a gas storage facility was extinguished in Morocco.

A fire at a gas storage facility in the Moroccan city of Muhammadiyah was extinguished, there were no casualties.

Several powerful explosions rocked Friday night following a fire at a gas storage facility in Muhammadiyah. According to the agency, the fire started after a gas leak, after which a fire broke out. The fire engulfed five of the seven gas tanks, each of which holds about eight tons.

“Thank God, there were no deaths as a result of the explosions, for this we should thank the firefighters who quickly arrived at the scene,” said Hisham Mina, head of the city’s public council.


The fire caused significant material damage.

Local authorities began to discuss a way to protect the city from such incidents – previously the repository was located far from the city, but now Muhammadiyah has grown and residential buildings are located near gas tanks.