The total number of victims from two explosions in the Pakistani province of Balochistan earlier on Wednesday has risen to 27 people, the press secretary of the acting Prime Minister of the province of Balochistan Babar Yousafzai said.
Earlier, the local Geo TV channel reported that the death toll in the explosions in the cities of Pishin and Killa Saifullah in southwestern Pakistan reached 28, and more than 50 people were injured. Before this, the TV channel reported a total of 25 dead and more than 40 injured.
The first explosion occurred at the headquarters of the candidate’s political party in Pishin district. The second occurred at the main bazaar of the Qila Saifullah district near the headquarters of the Assembly of Islamic Clerics (JUI-F) party.
“The total number of victims of the explosions in the region is 27 people. So far, no one has claimed responsibility for the explosions in southwest Pakistan… authorities are expecting more attacks and explosions today and tomorrow during the general elections, and law enforcement officials are on alert,” – Yousafzai said.