Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said that the United States is keeping the hand on the Pyongyang’s pulse. The White House is in direct contact with North Korea, said Me Tillerson in a rare top-level acknowledgement.
Rex Tillerson confirmed that the US is “probing” to see if the North Korean leader is willing to engage in talks despite tensions that remain dangerous. the Korean peninsula crisis, probably, reached its peak, so the international community is doing its best to untie this knot.
On Saturday, the Secretary of State said that the US ‘have a couple, three channels open to Pyongyang.’ So far, the leader of the North Korea prefers to avert any possibilities of the talks, so the diplomats and top officials from many countries offered their good services in this dark situation.
The US and North Korea mutual threats lead to nowhere
The two countries have been trading public threats over North Korea’s nuclear program, with the North declaring that its missiles have the capacity to strike the United States and President Trump vowing to “totally destroy” North Korea.
So far, the North Koreans have shown no interest in a serious negotiation. For his part, Rex Tillerson gave no indication of what the administration might be willing to give up if talks began, and Trump has made clear he would make no concessions. The US Secretary of State stressed that it is important to lower the temperature of threats being exchanged between Washington and Pyongyang.
But many inside and outside government have noted there were no major military exercises between the United States and South Korea scheduled for the spring, so the promise of scaling them back could be dangled.