Today: Monday, 4 March 2024 year

The number of victims of the terrorist attack in the Iranian mosque has increased.

The number of victims of the terrorist attack in the Iranian mosque has increased.

The number of victims of a terrorist attack in the Shakhcherakh mosque in the Iranian city of Shiraz has increased to seven, said the commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC, elite units of the Armed Forces) in the Iranian province of Fars Yadollah Bueli.

Earlier, Iranian media reported five injured and four dead.

“The security of the mosque has been restored, one of the attackers has been detained. So far, as a result of the attack, seven people have been injured, and another person has died,” Bueli said.


Earlier, Iranian media reported that two terrorists attacked the Shakhcherakh mosque, four people died. However, as Bueli noted, only one person died as a result of the attack. This information was confirmed by the governor of the province of Fars Mohammad-Hadi Imaniye.

According to the Tasnim agency, one of the attackers was shot dead by law enforcement forces, the second attacker fled, and the pursuit is ongoing.


This is the second terrorist attack in the Shakhcherakh mosque in Iran. The previous terrorist attack was committed in Shiraz in the fall of 2022.