A spokesperson for Prince Charles announced on Friday that Michael Fawcett and his party planning firm Premier Mode will also no longer be providing services to the Queen’s eldest son.
Prince Charles’ former aide has quit as chief executive of one of charities amid an alleged cash for honours scandal. In September, Mr Fawcett had temporarily stepped down as chief executive of The Prince of Wales’ Foundation.
Last night, Mr Fawcett has also resigned from his post with Charles’ charity, according to a spokesperson. “Michael Fawcett has resigned from his post as CEO of The Prince’s Foundation,” he said.
A Clarence House spokesperson said it was ending arrangements with Mr Fawcett and his party planning company Premier Mode.
It follows reports that he allegedly helped to arrange a CBE for Saudi businessman Mahfouz Marie Mubarak bin Mahfouz. Leaked emails suggested Mahfouz was ‘promised’ an honour after he donated £1.5 million to restoration projects. The 51-year-old businessman has denied any wrongdoing.
Mr Fawcett previously said he would temporarily step down from his post before the matter was probed. A Clarence House spokesman told the Mirror: “Michael Fawcett and Premier Mode will not be providing services to us in the future”.
A spokesman for the Prince’s Foundation confirmed that Michael Fawcett has resigned from his post as CEO of The Prince’s Foundation.
Prince of Wales did not know about the alleged scandal, according to the insiders.