Switzerland’s proud, a tennis star Roger Federer, has pulled out of next month’s ATP Rogers Cup tournament in Toronto due to scheduling concerns. After that, Rafael Nadal topped the ATP rating.
Mr Federer confessed he withdraws from the next tennis tournament but the Swiss athlete explained he decided to be prudent about how many tournaments he plays in a season. Thus, eight-time Wimbledon champion Roger Federer will not appear on the courts of Toronto’s York University on August 4-12. According to tournament spokesman Karl Hale, Jeremy Chardy of France will take Roger’s place in the main draw of Rogers Cup.
“I’m so disappointed not to play at the Rogers Cup this summer,”
The 36-year-old Federer tweeted and added he had a fantastic time in Montreal last year and always enjoy playing in front of the Canadian fans. he also said,
“But unfortunately with scheduling being the key to my longevity moving forward, I have regrettably decided to withdraw from Toronto this year.”
Organizers said the event at Toronto’s York University will feature 19 of the top 20 players in the world including reigning Wimbledon champion Novak Djokovic and world number one Rafael Nadal.
“It’s unfortunate that we won’t have Roger in Toronto this summer,”
said Mr Hale.
The Spanish tennis player Rafael Nadal still tops the ATP tennis world rankings with the 32-year-old 17-time Grand Slam winner enjoying a comfortable margin over his eternal rival Roger Federer. Serb Novak Djokovic is in 10th position, after turning round from a long slump as a swathe of American tournaments swing into view ahead of the US Open starting late August.